P.O Box 33, Kasese
Plot 30 Rwenzori Road
Tel +256 (0)785 257635 – Kasese Office
Tel +256 (0)755 723581 – Nyakalengija Office
Tel. +256 (0)784 308425 – Kampala Reservations
Tel. +256 (0)758 431714 – Whatsapp
“Rwenzori Mountains – World Heritage Site”
Rwenzori Mountaineering Services (RMS) is an indigenous, non governmental organisation entrusted with a concession won from The Uganda Wildlife Authority to provide trekking tourism services/support on the Central Circuit Trail within the Rwenzori Mountains National Park.
You may be familiar with the Alps, the Caucus, the Himalayas or even the Rockies, however if you have yet to explore the Rwenzori you still have something wonderful to see.
Of the three East African mountains, the Rwenzori lanquish in a kind of half consciousness, aloof from the main stream trekking routes and rarely visited in comparison to its famous cousins Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Kenya.
Visit the Rwenzori for yourself to experience their aura…..
National Park Background
Rwenzori Mountains National Park was gazetted in 1991. A mountain range that covers 996km2 formed after a massive uplift in the earths crust. The highest peak rises to 5109 metes ASL with the range stretching some 120 km north/south and 48 km east/west. With 6 snow capped mountains Margherita Peak is the highest.
Mt. Stanely/Margherita Peak – 5109m ASL
Mt. Speak – 4889m ASL
Mt. Baker – 4843m ASL
Mt. Gess – 4797m ASL
Mt. Emin – 4791m ASL
Mt. Luigi de Savio – 4626m ASL
Mt. Alexandria –
Mt. Albert –
- Provide tourism operations in the Rwenzori Mountains.
- Operate 6 mountain camps for accommodation in the mountains.
- Arrange guides and porters for visitors.
- Administer a campsite/accommodation at the trekking head/base.
- Coordinate transport Kasese – Ibanda – Kasese.
- Book local accommodation and transport for visitors (bus/air services)
- Climbing and equipment rental
RMS Packages include
- 6 days – 7 stages trekking of the Central Circuit Trail
- Central Circuit Trail plus Margherita Trek
- Additional days on the mountain
- Additional peaks may be climbed
- Staying in a camp for another night with the aim of skipping the next camp calls for an extra day to pay.
- Food is optionally bought by RMS.
- Charges are inclusive of National Park entrance fees.
- Any one client is permitted a maximum of 25kgs of his/her luggage as per the trip tariff. Any additional weight will require payment for an extra porter.
- The charges cater for mountain accommodation, fees for porters and guides, food for porters and guides, government taxes and franchise fees.
These costs provide for:
- Guides wages and food
- 2 Porters wages and food
- Rescue fee
- Community levy
- Accommodation on the mountain
- Charcoal fee
Hire of equipments Gas cooker/fuel
- Ice axe
- Sleeping bag
- Climbing boots
- Jacket /sweaters
- Rubber boots
Entebbe to Kasese Base Camp
Kasese to Rwenzori Base Camp
Vehicles carry a maximum of 4 – 5 persons.
Accommodation in Nyakalengija at Rwenzori Mountains Safari Lodge
Cottage Single room on full board basis
Cottage Double room on full board basi
Parking of Vehicles
Vehicles may be parked in the RMS compound and security provided at Nyakalengija.
RMS – Sole Provider of trekking services on the Central Circuit Trail
For reservations firstname.lastname@example.org